Call for Applications AIPS is delighted to be able to offer research travel grants to Pakistan for 2019. This grant is open to those who are affiliated with an academic institution within the US, regardless of citizenship. We strongly encourage graduate students enrolled in a US university to apply. AIPS-funded travel is restricted to Islamabad and/or Lahore for US citizens. All research much be conducted by December 31, 2019.
It is assumed that grantees will spend one to three months in Pakistan conducting research on this award. In order to apply, you must be an AIPS Individual member. Please see the website for information about becoming a member.
• Graduate degree seeking or graduate degree completed
• Affiliated with a US academic institution
• No citizenship restriction (however, we do need to know citizenship at the time of application) • AIPS Individual Member in good standing prior to the submission of your application and remain an AIPS member throughout the tenure of this award Funding Information:
• Grants will be awarded at $3,000/each • Funds can be used to cover airfare and living expenses
• Travel must take place between April 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 How to Apply: Please sign up for an account at the link below, complete ‘eligibility,’ and then select ‘AIPS Short-term Research Grant.’ Application Link: https://orcfellowships.fluidreview.com/
• Submit a one-page proposal/research statement (Microsoft Word)
• Submit a current CV
• Submit one letter of recommendation (graduate students only)
• Become an AIPS Individual Member, if not currently *Please state your Citizenship status when applying Application Deadline: February 15, 2019 Notes to Applicants:
• AIPS strongly recommends that you establish an affiliation with an academic institution in Pakistan for the duration of this award. We expect grantees to have contacts in Pakistan and arrange for their own affiliation.
• If awarded, your award letter can be used for the Pakistani visa application, but acquiring the visa is the responsibility of the applicant as are any associated expenses. • US citizens must conduct research in Islamabad and/or Lahore.
• Please note that AIPS may be able to assist with finding appropriate accommodations in Islamabad and/or Lahore but that the candidate will be responsible for paying for accommodations.
• All awardees must submit a final report and AIPS will withhold $200 from your award pending receipt of the final report.
• If an awardee cannot use the funds by December 31, 2019 then he/she will have to re-apply for funds in a future competition. For clarification/questions, please contact the AIPS office: email@example.com.